The recent Consumer Electronics Show (CES) was a game-changer in the world of smart home appliances. Much to everyone's surprise, the smart concept made it big and bold this year. One of the biggest highlights at the show was the robotic vacuum cleaner that has redefined the home cleaning process. We are yet to embrace this innovative, yet brilliant 'robotic' concept. But if you love to enjoy luxury at its best, smart vacuum cleaners are just for you. This appliance feature "intelligent programming and a limited vacuum cleaning system". It effectively cleans the floors and carpets, dumping the dirt into a dustbin. On completion of the cleaning process, it further finds and settles on its docking station. If all this sounds enticing to you, go on to read about its pros and cons:
Pros of robotic vacuum cleaners:
- Robot vacuum is not only easy-to-use, but it also saves a lot of time. All you need to do is turn the device on, and place it around the dirty corner of your house. The rest will be taken care of by the appliance itself. It does all the cleaning work effectively, by reducing your effort.
- The design part in robotic cleaner is possibly the best thing one can come across. It is small, compact, sleek and lightweight. Unlike the usual vacuum cleaners, the robotic ones are more capable of cleaning hard-to-reach areas in your home. Since it’s very small in size, you can store it anywhere conveniently.
- Robotic vacuum cleaner is a tech wonder. It features different types of sensors that are powerful enough to detect sharp edges, such as the corners of a room or the stairs. Hence, it spotlessly cleans up dirt at distant corners inside the house.
- Unlike conventional vacuum cleaners, the robotic ones aren't too noisy. They have been designed to emit the least of sound, without disturbing others in the family.
- One of the benefits of this appliance is that it requires less maintenance, as compared to the traditional vacuum cleaners.
Cons of robotic vacuum cleaners:
- One of the major cons of a robotic vacuum cleaner is that it often gets stuck under furniture. Hence, you always need to keep an eye on the device and rescue it, in case it’s getting stuck. Hence, this creates an obstacle.
- Though robotic cleaners are considered a tech miracle, in reality, it cannot fully replace traditional vacuum cleaning. Robotic vacuums may not be a good option to clean stairs, or different floor levels. At the end of the day, you have to rely on conventional vacuum to clean up these spots effectively.
- Robotic cleaners doesn't do any good to your save time. In reality, it takes longer time for cleaning, due to its small and compact size.