Apple celebrates their billionth iPhone, Alleged Apple iPad Pro 2 images leaks out, Xiaomi officially debuts their first laptops, and more
Another great week has passed by folks, with more news and rumors emerging in the consumer technology market. We now summarize the best tech news that has happened throughout the week.
- Apple, the world’s most favorite smartphone brand confirmed that they have sold the billionth Apple iPhone smartphone. Tim Cook, the CEO of Apple says that the Apple iPhone smartphone has become one of the most important and world-changing, and successful products in the history of smartphones and consumer electronics. Apple has always set a standard on how a smartphone experience should really be, which has led to many other competitors to create amazing devices. Read more.
- While Apple is expected to unveil the next-generation Apple iPhone 7 series smartphones, alleged images of the Apple iPad Pro successor have started to emerge on the internet. It happens so that the images were sent by a tipster from a Chinese supply chain. What’s interesting is that the model number mentioned in the images isn’t a designation number used by any other Apple product currently present in the market. So it could be the next tablet in the making. Click here.
- Word is it that Samsung wants to integrate a 4K display for the next Galaxy S8 smartphone, in order to deliver an enhanced VR experience for the user. The device is also expected to feature a bigger 5.5-inch screen. Samsung is also rumored to be working on a new VR headset, codenamed Odyssey. Click here for more.
- Xiaomi makes their foray into the laptop segment with the all-new Mi NoteBook Air laptop that’s touted to be thinner than the Apple MacBook. The laptop comes in two display sizes- one with a 13.3-inch screen, and the other is a smaller 12.5-inch display. The bigger version is powered by an Intel i5 processor, whereas the smaller variant is packed with an Intel Core M processor. These devices also come with an extra PCIe slot for extra storage. Click for more.
- Xiaomi also unveiled the Redmi Pro affordable smartphone that features a 10-core processor, dual cameras on the rear, and a 5.5-inch OLED display. The device comes with 4GB RAM and a choice of 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB internal storage. Check out more here.
- Blackberry officially announces their second Android smartphone called the DTEK50, which is claimed to be the world’s most secure smartphone. The device is technically a rebrand of the TCL Alcatel Idol 4, but implemented with Blackberry’s exclusive applications and security tweaks. Check out more.
- It happens so that Verizon, the US-based telecom company has come to an agreement to purchase Yahoo for over $4.83 billion. The deal includes all of Yahoo ad solutions, Brightlight, and even Yahoo Search. However, the deal does not include the search giant’s stake on Alibaba, and the Japanese share stocks. Know more here.
- In local news, from next onwards, commuters will be able to use their Nol cards for other app-based cab services such as Uber and Careem as stated by the RTA. The organization wants to boost the use of Nol cards and help users enhance their experience with all transport services. See more.