Apple iPhone 7 appears in video, Samsung Galaxy Note7 packs waterproofing and an iris-scanner, Instagram copies Snapchat Story, and more
Another great week has passed by folks, with more news and rumors emerging in the consumer technology market. We now summarize the best tech news that has happened throughout the week.
- While we have already come across plenty of Apple iPhone 7 image leaks and rumors, we have never seen the device in action up until now. It happens so that a Weibo user rolled out a video which shows an operational device that’s believed to be the iPhone 7 itself. The user seems to be using the camera of the alleged device, and the design appears to be similar to the previously leaked images. Click here for more.
- Samsung has finally unveiled the long-awaited Galaxy Note7 flagship phablet, featuring a faster processor, the same camera sensors as the Galaxy S7, an iris scanner, and IP68 water and dust resistance. The 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display is capable of playing HDR content. The S-Pen is waterproof, and works with new editing tools such as a GIF creator. Check out more features here.
- It happens so that Instagram has rolled out a new feature called “Instagram Stories” which is an exact replica of Snapchat’s own Stories. Will Snapchat users shift to Instagram because of this new feature? How will Snapchat counter this new move and keep their faithful user base from moving on to their competitor? Check out more here.
- Oppo has officially announced the Oppo F1s selfie smartphone, which will come at an approx. price of AED 988. The device features a 16MP image sensor on the front camera, much more than the rear-facing 13MP camera. The front camera holds a F2.0 aperture lens for beautiful blur and bright selfies. The device also holds a 5.5-inch HD IPS display and a fingerprint scanner on the front. Check out more details here.
- LG has announced that they will be unveiling the LG V20 smartphone as the successor of the LG V10. The date is set for September 6th, 2016. LG also says that the V20 is touted to be the first OEM based smartphone to come with Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. Meanwhile, Google is still yet to roll out the Android 7.0 Nougat update for existing the Nexus smartphones, and is expected to announce the new Nexus portfolio. Check out more.
- A patent filling done by Apple back in 2014, seems to bring out the idea of implementing a Digital Crown on Apple iPhones and iPads in the future. The Digital Crown is already integrated into the Apple Watch for control operations. Apple has previously borrowed some features of the iPhone, such as the 3D Touch feature from the Apple Watch. A possible Digital Crown on an iPhone can possibly be used for control operations such as locking the screen, snap a picture, or control the volume. Click for more here.
- If you’re in the mood for some shopping, check out some of the best deals and prices of electronic gadgets and home appliances which includes smartphones, cameras, televisions, laptops, washing machines, refrigerator, and much more. Click here for the best deals and prices of the week.