The Weekly Feed: Future Apple MacBook Pro to include Touch ID, Sony PS4K likely to be unveiled soon, Samsung Galaxy Note7 launched in Dubai, and more
Another great week has passed by folks, with more news and rumors emerging in the consumer technology market. We now summarize the best tech news that has happened throughout the week.
- The LG V20 will be announced on September 6th in San Francisco. The smartphone is confirmed to be the first device to carry the new Android 7.0 Nougat platform. LG has yet to reveal any specifics of the device or any images, although some renders have emerged online that give us an idea of what the V20 will look like.
- Apple is expected to unveil a new MacBook Pro soon. The Curpertino company is rumored to add new features such as a mini-OLED display, and possibly a Touch ID, taken straight from the books of the Apple iPhone. Chances are that the 2016 Apple MacBook Pro could feature USB Type-C ports.
- Samsung Gulf has officially launched the highly awaited Samsung Galaxy Note7 flagship phablet at the Four Seasons Resort in Dubai, UAE. Samsung explained the new features of the Galaxy Note7, which includes the waterproofing capability, a powerful iris scanner which is a first in a smartphone, and exciting new editing features with the improved S-Pen. Samsung also announced bonus deals, such as that users can avail discounted travel rates when they buy the Note7. Click here to read about the complete coverage of the Samsung Galaxy Note7 Unpacked in Dubai.
- While the gaming industry patiently waits on Sony’s next PS4 upgrade, it happens so that the Japanese company has sent invitations of an independent PlayStation event, which is to be held on the 7th of September, next month. Will Sony finally launch the new and rumored console? Microsoft has already shown their Xbox Scorpio project, which is already confirmed to be faster than the rumored specifications of the PlayStation 4 NEO. There are also reports that Sony might boost the speed again above the previous rumored numbers to keep up with Microsoft.
- While young children spend most of their time on mobile games with in-chat features, the Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (TRA) has advised mobile gamers, not to indulge in conversations with strangers who speak about other misleading topics apart from the game itself. This kind of exposure towards criminals can lead the youth to do unwanted activities.
- Careem, the cab-booking app service has officially announced their partnership with Etisalat’s Rewards Program that will allow users to convert their points to currencies on the Careem wallet.
- It happens so that due to the increasing issues created by traffic violators in the streets of Dubai, the Dubai Police force has started to deploy advanced cameras that will be able to detect rash drivers and traffic violations, note down the type of car, including its color, and alert the command Centre. This will in-turn alert any nearby patrol car to pursue the violator. Check out more here.
- The Dubai Future Foundation will be hosting a 2-day competition between the September 26th-28th, 2016 for companies or teams to present their project for a Dubai to Fujairah Hyperloop system that should allow users to reach in 10 minutes.
- For all e-Sports gamers out there, the 6th International DOTA 2 Championship tournament kicked off recently. The total prize pool is said to be above 20 million and above, making it the biggest gaming event as compared to other competing events. The event is organized by Valve, the company behind the popular gaming platform Steam. A total of 16 teams will be involved, with the finals to be concluded on Saturday.