Samsung ends the production of Galaxy Note7, Moto Z to launch in UAE soon, Sony PlayStation VR releases, and more
Grab a coffee folks! Let’s take a look some of the top tech news that has happened over the weekend
- After all the issues faced by numerous users across the globe, Samsung has officially ended further production of the Galaxy Note7 smartphone to avoid any further risks of burning batteries for their customers. Samsung will reportedly face a massive loss of $17 billion users because of the damages caused by the Note7, and will end up spending over 1.6 trillion dollars to safely dispose all Note7 devices. Samsung Gulf has stated that users in the UAE will be able to receive a full refund for the smartphone, or get it exchanged for a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Over 19,000 Note7 units have been sold in the UAE. Click here to read more.
- Meanwhile, rumor has it that Samsung is expected to launch the Galaxy S8 smartphone in two screen sizes, one with a 5.1-inch QHD display, and a larger model with a 5.5-inch 4K screen. The bigger model could be called as the “Galaxy S8 Plus”. Word is it that Samsung plans to drop the edge display concept in favor for a fully curved display for both the screen size models. Other features expected are dual-lens camera, and a new upgraded AI for the S-Voice. Recently, a leaked teaser of the MWC 2017 Samsung Unpacked has revealed a date which could be the launch of the Galaxy S8 smartphone. Click here to read more.
- Motorola will be releasing the new Moto Z and the Moto Z Play smartphone on October 15th. The smartphone is already available for pre-orders online on Jumbo, Sharaf, EMax, and Axiom Telecom. The Motorola Moto Z features a 13MP camera with OIS and laser AF system. The 5.5-inch QHD smartphone is powered by the Snapdragon 820 processor and 4GB RAM. The specialty of the smartphone is its modular design that allows for more customizations and capability called Moto Mods. Read more here.
- Analysts predict that Apple will be able to achieve more profit up to 8 million dollars using iPhone 7 sales, thanks to the demise of the Samsung Galaxy Note7 smartphone. If it wasn’t for the battery issues, Samsung could have successfully sold over 14 million Note7 units worldwide. Check more.
- Sony has officially launched the long-awaited PlayStation VR headset, the first ever console based virtual reality device. The PSVR provides an immersive experience with the best of the PS4 games at just AED 1599 for just the headset, and AED 1849 with the camera. We at Feedbaac.com were able to try out the immersive experience at the Dubai Mall. Some of the games include The London Heist, The Deep, Batman: Arkham VR, and so on. Check out more here.
- While the Note7 caused some damage in brand value, the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge smartphone has been awarded by the Mobile Choice Awards for the best smartphone of the year. Samsung is currently offering Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge smartphones as a replacement for all Note7 customers in the region. Check out more.
- Microsoft is expected to make a new product announcement on October 26th. While there isn’t any information regarding the type of device, rumor has it that it might be about new Surface tablets. However, the rumored Surface Phone is very unlikely to be announced for this year. Check more.
- Between the months of January and September 2016, the Department of Economic Development (DED) has reportedly seized over 12 million smart devices which include phones and accessories. The seized products are valued almost over AED 327.4 million. Check out more.