image
 
OR

Apple admits Windows 10 is four times more popular than the Mac, has plans for new desktops

By Team Feedbaac

It’s not every day that you see the world’s most popular brand reveal that their competitors are better than them in terms of the number of active members. As it happens so with Apple’s briefing with TechCrunch, it’s stated that while the company has an active Mac user base of 100 million, there are over 400 million users available on Microsoft Windows 10 PC’s alone. That’s four times more popular than Apple.

That doesn’t mean that Apple isn’t making good money from their Mac product line-up. With a run rate of $25 billion that is enough to be considered as a Fortune 100 company, the Apple MacBook line-up constitutes over 80% of their total Mac shipments, and the remaining 20% are desktops like the Mac Pro and iMac. Despite the shortcomings of the new MacBook Pro laptops such as the removal of crucial ports and slots, Apple says that the sales of the new laptops have been positive, with a 20% increase in sales on a year-over-year basis.

Apple also apologized for the slow upgrades of the Mac systems. “The Mac has an important, long future at Apple, and if we’ve had a pause in upgrades and updates on that, we’re sorry for that—what happened with the Mac Pro” - Schiller said to TechCrunch. “We’re going to come out with something great to replace it.”

Apple plans to release a new Mac Pro with a Pro display but will not be available this year.

TechCrunch