Apple iPhone 8 might feature dual-lens selfie cameras, Xiaomi Mi6 is official, UberX launched in Dubai, Nokia 9 rumors and more
We update you with some of the latest technology news that you might have missed throughout the week.
- Nokia is expected to launch two new flagship Android smartphones later this year. While the new devices are claimed to be known as the Nokia 8 and Nokia 9, new sketches of the devices have been leaked, revealing the possibility of a new bezel-less design. The Nokia 8 would have its fingerprint scanner on the front with a home button, and the Nokia 9’s scanner on the rear panel. Both the smartphones feature dual-lens main camera on the rear. The Nokia 9 is also expected to come with a 5.5-inch display, Snapdragon 835 processor, and IP68 certification. Click here to read more.
- A new report from Bloomberg stated that Apple is considering to use dual-lens front cameras on the upcoming iPhone 8 smartphone. Apple has apparently been testing prototypes with front cameras. Apple will reportedly still be using image sensors from Sony. Apple is also said to have finalized the design of the iPhone 8 that’s rumored to come with an all-screen OLED display with curves on the edges. The company is also trying to implement features such as augmented reality. Click here to read more.
- Xiaomi has officially unveiled the Mi6 flagship smartphone that comes with an elegant design and is powered by the Snapdragon 835 processor with 6GB RAM. The smartphone features a 5.15-inch display. The design of the smartphone comes with a “four-sided 3d Glass” and a stainless-steel frame. The dual-lens camera packs 12MP image sensors for wide-angle and telephoto photography. The battery in the device has a capacity of 3350 mAh. However, the smartphone doesn’t hold a 3.5mm headphone jack. Click here to read more.
- For all professional photographers, Sony has unveiled their latest iteration of full-frame mirrorless camera called the Sony a9. The new camera features an impressive 20fps continuous shooting capability that’s ideal for fast and sports photography. Sony has also increased the autofocus phase detection to 693 points. The full-frame sensor is 24MP. The camera also features in-body 5-axis stabilization and an OLED viewfinder with Quad-VGA resolution. The Sony a9 is expected to sell at a price of AED 16,500. Click here to read more.
- Uber has launched an affordable cab package called the UberX as a part of a pilot project with RTA of Dubai. The new service will have a starting fare of AED 5, along with each km charged at AED 1.37. Uber stated that as a part of the first pilot phase, existing users are invited to be picked by either a Toyota Previa, a Toyota Prado or a Lexus Sedan. Uber will be offering more car models after the successful completion of the first pilot phase. UberX can now be selected from the Uber application. Click here to read more.
- HTC One X10 is now official on their Russian website. The smartphone comes with a 4000 mAh battery onboard, along with a 5.5-inch display with FullHD resolution. The smartphone is powered by the MediaTek Helio P10 processor with 3GB RAM. The smartphone is loaded with a software enhancement called Boost+ that manages the memory resources to increase the performance of the device. The suggested retail price is AED 1303. Click here to read more.
Tags:Mobile Phone, Electronics, Android, Apple