Another great week has passed by folks, with more news and rumors emerging in the consumer technology market. We now are here now to summarize the best tech news that has happened throughout the week.
- While the internet is flooded with tons of rumors about the Apple iPhone 7, the latest round of leaked images indicates that Apple will be implementing larger camera modules on the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus, as compared to the current generation models. There is also a strong indication that Apple will be removing the 3.5mm audio jack for good. Additionally, the Apple iPhone 7 Plus will reportedly feature a dual-lens camera module. Click here to know more.
- It seems that Samsung is getting ready to announce the upcoming Galaxy Note 7 phablet smartphone soon at an unpacked event in August. The information was suggested by a popular leakster who goes by the name as Eldar Murtazin. The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is expected to feature a 3600 mAh battery. Check more here.
- According to reports, Samsung is preparing to supply dual-lens mobile camera modules for Chinese smartphone brands such as Xiaomi, LeEco, and Oppo. The upcoming Xioami Mi5s is expected to feature a dual-lens camera from Samsung. With all these news, it’s even possible that Samsung could integrate dual-lens cameras for the Galaxy S8 smartphone. Click here to know more.
- Blackberry is said to be making another three more Android smartphones, codenamed the Neon, Argon, and Mercury. The Neon will be a 5.2-inch Android smartphone made in partnership with Alcatel and Blackberry. The Argon is expected to be a bigger 5.5-inch smartphone with Snapdragon 820 processor. The Mercury is expected to hold a 4.5-inch display with built-in physical keyboard. The release dates are known yet for now. Check more here.
- HP has officially launched their all-new Spectre laptop at an event in Dubai, touting it to be the world’s thinnest Windows device that’s poised to challenge the likes of Apple. The laptop holds a thickness of just 10.4mm, and weighs about 1.1kg. The Spectre holds a 13.3-inch display with FHD resolution, and is incorporated with 6thGen Intel i5/i7 processors. Click here to know more.
- Google has finally given a name for the latest Android N operating system. It’s called Android Nougat. Google is expected to roll out the final Android Nougat OS updates later this year. Check more here.
- Microsoft has unveiled that they will be giving away an Xbox One game console with every purchase of the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 tablet for students. The new promotion should help with the sales of the new Windows tablet. However, we have yet to know if this promotion will reach the Middle Eastern region. Check more here.